ACDM - Association Canadienne des Massothérapeutes et Autres thérapeutes en Médecines Alternatives
Benefits of being a member
Forward by mail to ACTMD office with the required documents.
We would like to present you 24 good reasons to put your trust in ACTMD
1. Being a not-profit organization, ACTMD membership subscription fees, dues and other costs are exempt from taxes, a situation that has a beneficial effect on its members.
2. ACTMD is one of the professional associations offering competitive benefits package to its members with below average fees, as shown in our Comparative Table of Existing Associations
3. Every member is important to us! Bilingual telephone services are offered by a friendly and professionally qualified team from Monday to Thursday between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. and a toll-free number is available across Canada.
4. ACTMD is accredited by all major insurance companies.
5. ACTMD recognizes many academic qualifications such as Acupuncture, Chiropractic, Homeopathy, Hypnotherapy, Kinesitherapy, Kinesiology, Massage Therapy, Naturopathy, Naturotherapy, Orthotherapy and Neuro-Linguistic Programming (Master Practitioner), Physiotherapist, Physical rehabilitation therapist (PTR).
6. Members can settle their membership subscription and annual renewal fees by cheque or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express).
7. New members will be sent a welcome package containing a Membership Certificate, a Membership ID Card, a free single bilingual Receipts Book and any other relevant information.
8. The average processing files is within 24 working hours after receipt of all required documents(by discipline). There is no charge for evaluating the educational background with the membership application. Fees are only collected if the overall academic record meets approval. The efficiency of the service allows members to quickly start their professional activities.
9. The assessment of practical skills and competencies (if required*, for example when training schools are not accredited by ACTMD or for certain techniques, such as Hypnotherapy) is supervised by a single evaluator. Here is the detailed procedure.
10. Access to a calendar and a medical health check software at a competitive price.
11. Members can benefit from a preferred rate on the purchase of a professional liability insurance policy.
12. On request and for a low cost, members can order and quickly receive by mail single bilingual Receipts Books (one treatment per receipt) or multiple Receipts Books (several treatments on the same receipt) and memo pads for follow-up.
13. ACTMD members receive a $30 discount on their next annual renewal for each new member they recruit.
14. Members can download, free of charge, ACTMD Health Check Sheets.
15. ACTMD negotiates attractive discounts for its members by partnering with reliable companies.
16. The ACTMD website is regularly updated and includes a password-protected area for members.
17. A referral service is available to members who wish to continue their training.
18. Usually, no practical assessment is required for members who complete an additional training and forward a copy of their new diploma. (*ACTMD reserves the right to require a practical assessment under certain circumstances.)
19. Members are registered to a free bilingual referral service for the public.
20. Publication of video clips on the association's Facebook page.
21. Members who wish to increase their visibility on a free basis may write articles on the ACTMD website.
22. Members are most welcome to attend seminars and workshops organized for them by the ACTMD.
23. Senior therapists may offer guidance and support to less experienced fellow members.
24. ACTMD takes part in the Comité sectoriel de la main d'oeuvre des services de soins personnels (CSMOSSP) www.soinspersonnels.com.
Compare benefits before joining
Only practitioners that have the appropriate training and meet the ACTMD criteria and requirements can become members.
Welcome to the ACTMD
Members of the Board
* ACTMD reserve the rignt to require an practical evaluation
© Copyright ACTMD